Wild Gros Morne’s headquarters are located in the quaint seaside fishing village of Trout River, on the south side of Gros Morne National Park. Down the scenic Gros Morne Drive South (Route 431), Trout River is located about 50 kilometers from the entrance to Gros Morne National Park.
- Once at the Gros Morne main gates follow Route 430 for 2 kilometers until you see the sign for Route 431 (Gros Morne Drive South).
- At the Route 431 sign (Gros Morne Drive South) turn left onto Route 431 and follow the twisting and turning highway through thick boreal forest, which contains some of the oldest forest in the park. This road leads you through the communities of Glenburnie, Shoal Brook, Birchy Head and Winterhouse Brook.
- Before the community of Woody Point, turn left onto Tablelands Drive, This will take you past the Discovery Centre and continues through the world famous Tablelands. This is one of the most spectacular drives in the park, if not, all of Newfoundland.
- Follow this breathtaking highway along the edge of the Tablelands; this route is also the starting point for two very popular Parks Canada trails, The Tablelands hike and Green Gardens. Continue on this highway until you come down into the scenic village of Trout River.
- Turn left at the intersection and follow the road until you reach the Trout River Pond day use area.
Wild Gros Morne’s kiosk is located dockside in the Trout River Pond day use area and within walking distance to the popular Parks Canada Trout River Pond campground.