Explore remote beaches and the rugged coastal shallows of Bonne Bay with a Gros Morne sea kayak tour. We’ll paddle along some of our favourite nooks and crannies that make up the aquatic heart of Gros Morne National Park, kayaking through colourful underwater habitats with weird and wonderful creatures. Witness the seals sunbathing; the whales & porpoises playing and the eagles out scouting for there next feed of fish. A Gros Morne sea kayak tour is a great way to learn about the history of Bonne Bay and how the indigenous cultures and European fisherman used these productive waters. With an emphasis on wildlife encounters, scenery and history interpretation our professional guides will always be able to find something you have never seen or heard before.
Paddle with a group on relaxing 2-hour morning kayak tour or get off the grid and join us on Gros Morne’s only overnight kayak camping adventure.
For our more adventurous guests, rent one of our kayaks and make your own Gros Morne kayak adventure!
Gros Morne Kayak Tour and Rental Details
Departure location & Time
- Waters Edge RV Adventure Park
- Please arrive by 9:15am for a start time of 9:30am.
- Return Approximately 11:30am
- Kayak and Equipment Rental
- Professional & Experienced Local Guide
- Kayak Safety Lesson
- Gros Morne Park Pass
- Light Snack
- Paddlers 18yrs+
- Signed waiver of Liability/rental contract
- Required damage deposit on credit card or cash.
- Damaged kayaks will undergo a full inspection by a certified staff and a repair quote will be supplied to guests totalling cost of parts, labour, taxes and other fees. Charges for damages will be deducted from the prepaid damage deposit and any remainder of the prepaid damage deposit will be refunded back to your credit card. Repairs resulting in costs above the prepaid damage deposit amount are the responsibility of the renter
Kayaking is a great way to explore Gros Morne National Park but the key to enjoying it is making sure you are dressed properly. Wear whatever is comfortable however we recommend guests to dress in layers and wear clothing that will wick away perspiration and keep you dry and comfortable. A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water friendly footwear and extra clothing are all great things to bring. Plus full reusable bottle of water.
Wild Gros Morne kayak tours may take you through areas of Gros Morne National park where there is little to no cell phone reception. Your guide will have radio communication but guests should be sure to have any personal and medical items needed. If you are still unfamiliar, unsure or have any questions about what you might need feel free to contact us anytime for a more detailed equipment list.
*Please note the weather conditions in this area can change rapidly and although very unlikely, we may not be able to make it to all destinations. Guests should check the weather and plan accordingly.