Our Photography Tours were created by photographers, with the goal of designing tours that we, ourselves, love to experience. Newfoundland, and Gros Morne in particular, is a special place and truly a photographer’s paradise. Amazing photos can be produced even from the seat of your car, but with our local guides, knowledge of the area and equipment to help you access those off the beaten path locations we have the ability to help you capture and create absolutely stunning images.
Our tour guides are by no means professional photographers but are passionate about capturing our unique surroundings and sharing this opportunity with others. Our love and knowledge of the area work together to help you arrive at the right place at the right time and, most importantly, the right light.
Wild Gros Morne photography tour group numbers are kept small, with a maximum of 6 guests, to ensure plenty of space between tripods and to have the ability to travel quietly when scouting for wildlife. Each tour is designed around the attributes which make this place so special, our landscape, people, culture and food. Each destination is truly unique as each image you create is unique.
*Our Gros Morne photography tours can take place any kind of weather and environmental conditions. In order to access some areas we may have to utilize an open Zodiac boat, Atv, Canoes, and hiking through wet, damp environments etc. Depending on weather conditions guests may get lightly sprayed with water, mud etc in order to reach some locations and should plan accordingly. This is all part of the fun!
- Our Gros Morne Photography Tours run all year long, through all 4 of our beautiful seasons
- Any group equipment such as a tarp, ropes, first aid kit etc are included, however, guests are required to supply their own personal and camera equipment.
- For guests without proper outdoor equipment Wild Gros Morne has a selection of outdoor equipment available to rent or purchase.
- Reservations are required
- For guests staying in Norris Point Wild Gros Morne operates an on demand water taxi that can be arranged. The shuttle will pick you up at one of designated pick up points and drop you off after completion of your tour. Please contact us for more information on pick up times and locations.
- For large tour groups Wild Gros Morne offers a specialty photography tour package that can include a post trip beachside boil up or any additional experience. Please contact us for more information.
Gros Morne Photography tours have a easy to challenging difficulty level depending on the weather conditions and fitness level of our group. Specialty tours can be arranged for groups looking requesting alternate difficulty levels.
As you’ve already heard, Newfoundland weather can be unpredictable and conditions can vary greatly throughout the day. Even in the hottest months of summer Newfoundland can be quite cool. We suggest guests check the weather and dress for it. Contact Wild Gros Morne for a detailed equipment list.
Weather Cancellation Policy
The weather in Newfoundland can change frequently and at Wild Gros Morne we check the weather more than most people check their Email. Experiences may be adjusted or cancelled if necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Off Season Departures
Reservations are required in advance and departures of this custom experienc are based upon customer demand. For short notice reservations please contact us.