Reach for the top as you tour the Tablelands with a moderate to challenging 4 hour off-trail hike up the North side of the Tablelands. Explore this bizarre and beautiful landscape, the glacially carved valleys and the unique plants and vegetation that call the Tablelands their home. We will climb to the top of the 600m lookout that rises above Bonne Bay like a red giant, dominating the landscape and providing visitors with unobstructed views of Winterhouse Brook Canyon, The Bonne Bay fjords and Gros Morne Mountain.
Our experienced interpreters have educational backgrounds and will construct the 500 million year old scene that caused this extremely rare example of the earth’s mantle to be exposed. We’ll explore the isolated pockets of serpentine barrens that give rise to a full community of dwarf arctic alpine plant species, some hundreds of years old and normally found much further north. View the breathtaking geological features that provided the foundation for Gros Morne’s UNESCO designation.
- Tablelands guided off-trail hike runs every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from June till October for our 2019 operating season
- Reservations are highly required 24 hours in advance
- For guests arriving by water taxi from Norris Point, and those staying on the south side, a shuttle for guests may be arranged.The shuttle will pick you up at one of designated pick up points and drop you off after completion of your tour. Please contact us for more information on pick up times and locations.
- For large tour groups Wild Gros Morne offers a specialty Tablelands guided hike package that can include a culinary portion, and additional experiences. Please contact us for more information
- Our Tablelands guided hike is great for photographers looking for those unique shots
The Tablelands off-trail hike has an moderate to challenging difficulty level depending on the weather conditions and fitness level of our group. Specialty tours can be arranged for groups looking requesting alternate difficulty levels.
As you’ve already heard, Newfoundland weather can be unpredictable and conditions can vary greatly throughout the day. Even in the hottest months of summer Newfoundland can be quite cool. We suggest guests check the weather and dress for it. Having a day pack with water and a snack, a rain/waterproof jacket, semi-warm sweater and comfortable sturdy footwear suitable for our hiking adventure is recommended.
Weather Cancellation Policy
The weather in Newfoundland can change frequently and at Wild Gros Morne we check the weather more than most people check their Email. Experiences may be adjusted or cancelled if necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Off Season Departures
Reservations are required 24 hours in advance as departures during these months are based upon customer demand. For short notice reservations please contact us.