Are you ready for a winter adventure like no other? Wild Gros Morne's backcountry snowmobiling experience will take you through one of the most unique snowmobiling locations in Canada. With over 20ft of snowfall in some regions and a winter season that can extend from November to June, Newfoundland’s west coast is a true snowmobiler's paradise.
Combine the beauty and excitement of a snowmobile ride with our experienced local guides, with discovering remote mountain vistas, valleys and cross-country trails. Enjoy the uncrowded wilderness and pristine environment as you explore some of the finest snowmobiling routes Newfoundland has to offer.
We’ve developed our Gros Morne snowmobile tours with all levels of riders in mind. An easy day of trail riding and sightseeing for the beginner to intermediate rider, or an off trail mountain climbing adventure with an experienced local pro for the more extreme rider. Haven’t used a snowmobile before? Don’t worry, our knowledgeable riding instructors will run you through our custom snowmobile training program, familiarizing you with how to properly and safely operate a snowmobile. Even the most inexperienced user can be trained up and out on the trails in no time.
With hundreds of kilometers of trails both groomed and untamed, Wild Gros Morne has got you covered. Our Gros Morne snowmobile tours are all inclusive with knowledgeable guides, training and snowmobile rentals should you need them.
Get hungry much?
Nothing works up an appetite quite like an exciting day of exploring the trails on snowmobile. Add a classic Newfoundland "scoff" (meal) to your Wild Gros Morne snowmobiling experience. During your tour we'll take a little break and enjoy a sampling of hearty and traditional Newfoundland cuisine while having a warm up around the fire.
Looking for something different?
Package your snowmobile tour with one of our Off Grid Backcountry Cabins and turn your exciting snowmobile adventure into a unique multi-day winter experience. Our warm rustic off grid cabins are located on a remote mountain pond and provide the perfect base camp for your Western Newfoundland snowmobile expedition. Spend your days exploring the trails and then return to your warm comfy cabin reconnecting with family, friends and loved ones next to the crackling of the wood stove.
Snowmobile Experience and Rental Details
Standard snowmobiling experience rates start at $150 per person. Group rates available for larger groups.
Snowmobile rental rates can vary between $220 and $300 per day depending on experience level of rider and snowmobile requested. All snowmobiles come with a full tank of fuel so you can hit the trails without delay.
- Snowmobile renters must have a valid Driver’s License
- Guests between the ages of 13 and 16 may ride their own snowmobile but must be accompanied by a person who is 19 years of age or older
- Special requests such as a late/early departure, customized stops, food offerings or additional rental equipment ( skis, snowboard etc) may be set up ahead of time if requested
- Guests requiring a snowmobile rental must agree to, and sign our waiver of liability and rental contract
- All rental snowmobiles undergo a detailed inspection before and after any rental period to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our guests
- All snowmobile rentals will require a prepaid damage deposit of $1000 per snowmobile rental. Guests will be responsible for any and all damages below or above the prepaid damage deposit amount. All liability, risk and possible damages are the responsibility of the renter
- Damaged snowmobiles will undergo a full mechanical inspection by a certified mechanic and a repair quote will be supplied to guests totaling cost of parts, labor, taxes and other fees. Charges for damages will be deducted from the prepaid damage deposit and any remainder of the prepaid damage deposit will be refunded back to your credit card. Repairs resulting in costs above the prepaid damage deposit amount are the responsibility of the renter
- All Snowmobile rentals are for a 24hr period and may be extended as needed.
- Cancellations for snowmobile rentals must be made at least 48-hours in advance of the reservation date
- Prepaid damage deposits can be paid for with all major credit cards
- Wild Gros Morne has the right to refuse any rental
Snowmobiling is a great way to enjoy winter but it can get chilly. We will be out all day riding in many exposed areas and highly recommend appropriate warm and waterproof clothing suitable for this cold weather activity. Wild Gros Morne Snowmobile tours will take you through many remote areas of Western Newfoundland where there is little to no cell phone reception. Be sure to have any personal and medical items needed. If you are still unfamiliar, unsure or have any questions about what you might need feel free to contact us anytime for a more detailed equipment list.
*Please note the weather conditions in this area can change rapidly and although very unlikely, we may not be able to make it to all destinations. Guests should check the weather and plan accordingly.